- 1 (10-pound) whole fresh beef brisket, deckle fat removed
- 1 (21.5-ounce) bottle Asian honey barbecue sauce and marinade
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place the brisket, fat-side up, in a large roasting pan.
- Pour the marinade over the brisket and bake, covered, for 4 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, the garlic powder, the ground cumin, the salt, the chili powder, and the pepper together and sprinkle it over the brisket.
- Bake the brisket, covered, until it reaches an internal temperature of 200 degrees F, about 2-4 hours.
- Adjust the oven to broil.
- Carefully uncover the brisket and broil it 3-4 inches from the heat source, until the fat is bubbly and slightly charred, about 4-5 minutes.
- Cut the beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve the brisket with the juices.