- 1 (2-pound) package frozen cubed hashbrown potatoes
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
Grease a 5-quart slow cooker.
In a large bowl, combine the hashbrowns, the cream of chicken soup, the milk, the cheese, 1/2 cup of the butter, the onion, the salt, and the pepper.
Pour the hashbrown mixture into the prepared slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat until the hashbrowns are tender, about 3-4 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Just before serving, on a pie plate, combine the cornflake crumbs and the remaining butter.
Bake the cornflake mixture until it is golden-brown, about 4-6 minutes.
Sprinkle the cornflake mixture on top of the hashbrown mixture.