- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 40 shrimp, shell-on and uncooked
- 2 envelopes sazon with coriander and annatto
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer or 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
Add the onion to the oil and cook, stirring constantly, until it is tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the garlic cloves and the shrimp to the onions and cook for 1 minute.
Add the sazon envelopes, the garlic salt, the garlic powder, the onion powder, the paprika, and the bay leaf to the shrimp and stir constantly.
Add the beer and the lemon juice to the shrimp mixture, stirring constantly, and bring it to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the shrimp turns pink, about 10-15 minutes.
Stir the ketchup and the parsley into the shrimp mixture and discard the bay leaf.
Serve the shrimp and the sauce over the rice.