- 4 hot house cucumbers, peeled and cut into a medium dice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled and cut into a medium dice
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- leaves from 2 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- leaves from 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, the green onions, the melon, the serrano chile, the celery, the vinegar, the mint, the cilantro, the olive oil, and the salt.
Put the bowl in a large pot of ice water to chill for 30 minutes.
In another bowl, combine the yogurt, the olive oil, the lemon juice, and the parsley.
Refrigerate the yogurt mixture until ready to serve.
Spoon the soup into bowls and top with the yogurt mixture or mix the yogurt into the soup.