- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion plus 1 medium onion, chopped, divided
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans ranch-style beans
- 1 (9.25-ounce) package corn chips
- 2 cups rice, cooked and hot
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce, optional, for serving
In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef and the large chopped onion, while crumbling the meat, until the meat is no longer pink. Drain the excess grease.
Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, the tomato paste, the tomato purée, the chili powder, the ground cumin, the garlic powder, and the salt to the beef mixture. Cover and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Add the beans to the beef mixture and cook until they are heated through.
On a platter, layer the corn chips, the cooked rice, the beef mixture, the cheese, the remaining medium chopped onion, the lettuce, the tomatoes, and the olives.
Serve the dip with the picante sauce.