For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the pie filling:
- 28 ounces condensed milk, sweetened
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 limes or 4 key limes, zested, plus more for topping
For the topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and butter.
Press the mixture into a pie pan and bake for 7 minutes.
Cool the pie pan for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest.
Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 10 minutes.
Allow the pie to cool and chill for 3 hours in the fridge.
When the pie has completed chilling, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form, using a mixer to assist.
Beat in the vanilla.
Spread the whipped cream atop the pie and add more lime zest.