- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onions, optional, to taste, chopped, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
Spread the hash brown potatoes in the prepared pan.
In a large saucepan, combine the milk, the heavy cream, the dry mustard, the salt, the garlic powder, and the black pepper.
Add the cheese to the milk mixture and cook over medium-low heat until the cheese melts.
Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes.
Bake, uncovered, until the potatoes are cooked through, about 1 hour.
Serve garnished with the green onions.