- 8–12 lamb chops, frenched, cut down to a single chop.
- Olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper to taste
Italian Salsa Verde:
- 1 cup Italian parsley ( packed, tender stems ok) or sub part fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 fat garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1–2 anchovy ( optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons caper “liquid”
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Salt and pepper to taste, add chili flakes if you like.
- Preheat grill to med-high heat.
- Brush lamb chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Make Italian Salsa Verde: place herbs, garlic, lemon zest, and optional anchovy in a food processor. Pulse repeatedly until uniformly chopped. Add lemon juice, olive oil and caper liquid. Pulse to combine ( but do not make this smooth). Scrape into bowl. Stir in capers. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the grill is hot, sear the chops for a few minutes on each side. You want good grill marks, while leaving them slightly rare inside, so a hot grill is essential.
- When cooked to the desired temperature ( 125-135F), platter or plate and serve with Italian Salsa Verde spooned over the top.