- 8–12 ounces salmon (serves 2)
- olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper
- one lemon- sliced in half
- one large tomato sliced in half
- one small eggplant, sliced (or sub zucchini)
- Everyday Quinoa (tastes great here) or rice.
- Greens -arugula, spinach or mixed greens.
- Fresh veggies- radishes, cucumber, microgreens, sprouts.
- Fresh herbs- dill, mint or Italian parsley.
- Preheat heat grill to medium-high.
- Set the quinoa or rice to cook on the stove, according to directions. (Quinoa only takes roughly 20-30 minutes)
Brush salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Brush the eggplant or zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the optional Tzatziki Sauce, or use store-bought.
- Place salmon on a well-greased grill, along with the lemon (open side down), the tomato (open side down) and the sliced eggplant. Grill salmon on both sides for 3-4 minutes, shorter or longer depending on the thickness of the cut. Grill the lemon and tomato until deep grill marks appear, and flip the eggplant, grilling till tender and translucent. (You will use the grilled lemon to squeeze over the salmon before serving.)
- When veggies and salmon are done, assemble the 2 bowls.
- Divide quinoa among two bowls. Top with a handful of greens. Add any fresh veggies you like and drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and a squeeze of the grilled lemon.
- Arrange the grilled vegetables and salmon over top. Squeeze more of the grilled lemon over the whole bowl. Spoon a few generous spoonfuls of tzatziki sauce over top of the salmon.
- Scatter with fresh dill or other herbs.
- Pour yourself a glass of white wine. Enjoy!