- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups nacho-flavored tortilla chips, broken
- 1/4 cup Catalina salad dressing
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, while crumbling, until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Drain the excess grease.
Stir the taco seasoning and the water into the beef and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer the beef mixture, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 4-6 minutes.
Transfer the beef mixture from the heat and let it cool slightly.
In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the cheese.
Top the lettuce-cheese layer with the beef mixture and the chips.
Serve the salad drizzled with the dressing.