- 1 pound small yellow potatoes
- 10 ounces haricots verts (French green beans)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 ounces green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- parsley, to taste, chopped, for garnish
In a large pot of salted boiling water, add the potatoes and boil until they are fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
Transfer the potatoes to a plate to cool slightly.
Add the green beans to the same pot of boiling water and cook until they are bright green and slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes.
While the green beans are cooking, in a bowl add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the green olives, the anchovies, the shallot, the vinegar, the basil, the chives, the capers, the salt, and the pepper and stir until combined.
Cut the cooled potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
Add the potatoes to the dressing mixture and carefully stir to combine. Be careful not to crumble the potatoes.
In a low bowl, add the coated potatoes, the hard-boiled eggs, and the cooked green beans.
Drizzle the remaining olive oil across the top and season with the salt and the pepper.
Serve the potato salad garnished with the parsley, warm or chilled.