- ½ pound fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pound andouille sausage fresh
- 1 pound Applewood smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- lemon wedges for serving
- Peel and devein the shrimp; place in a pint-size zip-top bag.
- In a small bowl, mix the Cajun seasoning and olive oil. Pour over the shrimp inside the bag; gently massage to coat the shrimp. Refrigerate, gently massaging the bag occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, light the grill and have it preheated and ready set up for indirect heat.
- Add whole sausage links to grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning occasionally. The sausage links should be fully cooked after about 10 to 15 minutes; remove from the grill and allow them to rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut the links into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the shrimp around the sausage and then wrap 1 piece of bacon around the shrimp and sausage. Gently thread a 4-inch-long skewer or use toothpicks to hold them stuffed shrimp together.
- Coat the grill grate with oil using a paper towel. Place the stuffed shrimp over indirect heat. Grill until shrimp are opaque in center and bacon is crisp, turning as needed, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately with lemon wedges.