- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whisk the red wine, olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, horseradish, salt, cayenne pepper, if using, and onion and garlic powder together in a medium bowl.
- Pour the marinade over brisket and let it marinate overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Remove brisket from marinade. In a medium saucepan, boil the marinade for 5 minutes to use as a mop.