- 1 (3-4-pound) beef chuck roast
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- salt, optional and to taste
- pepper, optional and to taste
- In a slow cooker, add the beef chuck roast
- Cover the meat with the salsa.
- Season the meat with the salt and the pepper, if needed.
- Cook on low until the meat is tender, about 6-8 hours.
- Transfer the cooked roast onto a cutting board and shred with 2 forks while removing and discarding any unwanted fat.
- Place the shredded meat back into the slow cooker and mix with the juices.