- 4 pounds boneless beef short ribs, cut into 3-inch long pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Arrange the short ribs in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and season with salt and pepper, to taste. In a small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Pour the sauce over ribs and toss well, coating all the pieces.
- Cover with aluminum foil and roast until cooked through and tender, about 3 hours.
- Remove the foil during the last 30 minutes of cooking to brown the top.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve.