- 1 lb. Kirby or Persian cucumbers
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 large sprigs fresh dill
- 1 c. water
- 3/4 c. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- Trim ends from cucumbers and slice into spears. Pack into 2 (16-oz. glass jar along with garlic and dill.
- Make brine: in a small saucepan, combine water, vinegar, and salt. Bring to a boil, stir until salt is dissolved, and remove from heat and let cool slightly. Pour over cucumbers, seal jar, and shake. Let cool completely on the counter, then refrigerate until cold.
- Wait at least 2 hours to eat the pickles, but the longer you wait, the more flavorful they’ll be. If you can, try waiting 24 hours.
2 thoughts on “Homemade Dill Pickles”
To the whitesmokebbq.net webmaster, Your posts are always well-referenced and credible.
I think this is one of the most vital information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers