For the salad:
- 3 cups romaine or iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup jarred mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 instant ramen packet, crushed and flavor packet discarded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce, red cabbage, chicken, mandarin oranges, ramen noodles, carrots, green onions, and sliced almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
- Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle the vegetable oil into the
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, tossing to combine.