For the creamy lemon dressing:
- 3/4 cup crème fraiche or plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the salad:
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 large Honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 4 ounces aged white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- In a medium bowl, combine the crème fraiche, 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice, the lemon zest, the honey, and the salt, whisking until smooth.
- Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle the apple slices with the remaining lemon juice and toss to prevent the apples from browning.
- Add the apple slices, the pecans, the grated cheese, and the chives to the salad bowl.
- Add the creamy lemon dressing and toss until the salad is well coated.
- Serve immediately.